The Sweet Canuck
By Joe Leroux | Amadio's Pizza
Sweet Potato-infused organic crust with wild boar bacon, cup and char pepperoni, with fresh-sliced brown cremini mushrooms.
DOUGH: This recipe will provide 61oz of dough, which is equivalent to about 3 dough balls.
1. Mix the mashed sweet potato with the butter. Let cool.
2. Use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
3. Pour half of the water in the bottom of the bowl.
4. Add the sugar and yeast, then the flour, followed by the rest of the water.
5. Add the room temperature 100g sweet potato.
6. Mix for 3 minutes at low speed.
7. Add the salt and the canola oil, mix for 5 minutes.
8. Turn the ball of dough out onto a counter and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature. The finished dough should be about 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Then weigh and ball the dough into 18oz dough balls and place them on a plate or tray.
10. Wrap the plate/tray with plastic wrap and let the dough cold-ferment for at least 48 hours, refrigerated at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. In a bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, rock salt, and olive oil.
2. Mix using a fork until the sauce is mostly uniform, but with some half-inch chunks.
1. Slice the pre-cooked wild boar bacon into roughly 1” x 1” pieces.
2. Mushrooms: wash and dry thoroughly, then slice to ⅛”
ASSEMBLY and BAKING: stone oven at 550F
1. Stretch the dough to be 14” in diameter. When stretching, be sure not to flatten the outer bead of the crust, about ½” of the circumference. Also make sure not to make the middle disproportionately thin.
2. Pour 6 oz of the sauce into the middle of the pizza and spread evenly using a spoon or a ladle. Be sure to leave 1 inch of bare crust around the outside.
3. Evenly sprinkle the cheese evenly on the pizza, again leaving 1/2 inch of bare crust.
4. Evenly sprinkle 3.5 oz of the mushrooms on the pizza to the ½ inch mark.
5. Evenly sprinkle the bacon on the pizza to the ½ inch mark.
6. Evenly sprinkle the pepperoni on the pizza. Be sure that all toppings are weighed out properly.
7. Bake in the pre-heated stone oven for 7 minutes and 40 seconds.